The purpose of the Lovely Ladies League is to provide support to middle school girls during grades 6, 7, and 8. The program utilizes a small group mentoring model. The activities range from workshops and mentoring groups to social and cultural field trips. The workshops focus on five main areas:
1. Positive Self Identity and Self Esteem
2. Personal Vision and Goals
3. Social and Emotional Skills
4. Moral Character
5. Academic Success and Work Ethic
During this program the girls will meet twice per month for an hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a mentoring session look like?
Mentoring sessions include hands on activities that help girls explore themselves and the world around them . The girls can expect to have reading requirements followed up with discussions, conduct role playing activities, do hands on activities, participate in small group discussions, complete projects, and journaling. No girl will simply sit back and listen to someone speak to them, they will be pushed outside of their comfort zones and learn to create! Girls will have refreshments served at each session.
Is there a fee for the program?
Aside from the $20.00 application fee the program is free of cost. We encourage all mentees and their families to become members of Leading Ladies of Legacy to further support our mission but it is not a requirement.
How long does the program last?
Girls are welcome to stay in the program until they graduate from the 8th grade. From there we invite the girls to join the Leading Ladies of Legacy College and Career Mentoring Project which continues to support the girls throughout their high school and college years.
Who will be mentoring my daughter?
Our mentors consist of professional women who volunteer their time to share their stories and resources with our girls. All mentors have been trained on how to support mentees and conduct an effective learning session.
When and where are the sessions held?
Meeting will begin Tuesday July 7, 2015 at 6:00 pm-7:00 pm. All meetings are held at our offices located at 2702 Jefferson Street Suite 100 Austell, GA 30168
Who can participate?
Any middle school aged girls in Georgia! Girls are in grades sixth to eighth ranging in ages 11 to 14. We welcome students who are home schooled and attending online institutions.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Girls who participate in the program develop a relationship with a concerned adult who provides support, perspective, education and encouragement;
- Girls will also have the opportunity to set and achieve goals that they and their mentors complete together;
- As a result, the girls who participate will increase their school performance (including grades, behavior and attendance) and will develop positive coping skills;
- These girls will therefore gain the skills and confidence necessary to become role models themselves and to resist engaging in negative behaviors;
- This not only results in improvements in their lives and the lives of their families, but also benefits the metro Atlanta community, by guiding youth to become productive contributing members of their community.
Will my daughter ever be alone one on one with her mentor?
No. All of sessions are held in a small group setting. The registered mentors will work with small groups of girls.
Didn’t see your question here? Call and let us answer it for you personally (404) 889-8626.
- Participants must currently enrolled in the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade.
- Participants must be female Georgia resident.
- Participants must of ethic background.
To get an application form:
Now accepting applications!
Download the application form here: Girls Mentoring Program Packet 2015
(Please be sure to indicate that you are registering for the Lovely Ladies League on the top of the form)